Quote Originally Posted by ssj2kite
..... I got FreeDOS onto a floppy, and found the Smart Boot Manager thing, but I saw no options to fix my mbr or anything.....
When the sbm installer is run with the option to install it to floppy (-d 0), it installs SBM to the MBR. It's not going to "fix" your MBR, whatever that means, except in the sense that it will install a pretty hand boot laoder there, overwriting whatever else was there. There are other options (as you already know if you followed the above instructions), and one of them allows the user to make a copy of the current MBR that could be rewritten later. But if you don't already have such a backup copy of the MBR, nothing's going to "fix" it, except by installing something there. I'm sure there are other tools in FreeDOS that will write to the MBR, but I see no point in confusing the issue by pointing them out, they are not easier to use than this simple installer. If you really want to find them a Google search will uncover them quickly.