-
Junior Member
registered user
About the installation CD roms, I just don't know where they are. So they people who I got the compuer from don't have them either.
And when you say "If it can't find its' secondary file(s), then they must have been corrupted some how.", I think I might know how that happened. After I deleted my knoppix partition, and found out Windows wouldn't load, I did try to remake the partition by just resizing my hda2 (windows) one in cfdisk, although it didn't work, and I have yet to try it again, but it made it si Knoppix couldn't mount/read my windows partition. It says (translated from german or w/e language it is, because I'm on the CeBIT edition), That it couldn't figure out what file system type it was. So I'm not sure if that means I killed NTLDR or what.
And I found the MBR backup thing in an hdb5 partition, it had a folder called "bootwiz", then a file "bootwiz.sys", then in the bootwiz folder, it had around a dozen files with the word "boot" in the name, and an MBR backup called "mbrbacks.dat". Strangley enough, there is a file called fdisk.exe on the partition, but whenever I try to run it, WINE starts and resizes my screen to 640x480 and turns it all black, then I have to log out and relogin to knoppix.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99