PDNSD is the solution for caching DNS, and easy way .
Very handy if you shut down your computer often or using dial-up to haven't to wait for dns resolve when you connect on the net.
Features:
# permanent disk cache (useful for frequent power-offs/reboots)
# usually smaller memory footprint (depends on cache size)
# offline-detection prevents hangs up
# better control about timeouts (also to prevent hangs)
# better control over the cache
# better run-time control
PDNS documentation
apt-get install pdnsd you get v1.1.11par-1 on the site the last version (pdnsd-1.2.1-par) but you 'll have to compile the source.
----------------------------------------
I've got a problem with download torrents and using Firefox for www, Azureus has proper limits and I left 10KB/s for my browsing
or radio on the net.
The problem is that Firefox don't respect the Azureus Bandwidth, for example if I Go a site flash loaded my torrent speed decay....
Searching on google, freshmeat and the dear knoppix forum The answers I found were very mid-level on linux, and for me the rookie,
read about ip tables, pools, and other things
were very difficult to applicate only for one app (firefox).
But I found trickle which is easy, quick and direct...and better it works!!!![]()
I tested downloading a file (14MB) and only use the 10KB/s I put as limit ... my torrents are safe![]()
Trickle site The bonus! no compilation apt-get install tricke

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$79.00
Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$34.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
KingFast F10 256GB 2.5” SATA III SSD Tested Working 2710DCS23BF-256
$22.89
Samsung 980 500GB NVMe M.2 2280 SSD MZ-V8V500 - Tested Working.
$50.00
Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99