Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: OpenOffice Keys

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    95

    OpenOffice Keys

    I'm using Knoppix 3.2 (2003-03-2, and there seems to be a problem with OpenOffice.

    Whenever I type the " character, it appears on the document as ?. This only happens in OpenOffice and no other program. I'm at a lost as to what I need to change. I have a UK keyboard, and KDE is set up to use the UK keyboard.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1
    hey, change your font. some just don't have this character i s'pose. i had the same problem and i don't remember which one worked.
    i tried out helvetica, times, arial (i guess) and something else with h. and then courier and i think only courier worked. and it looks nice too

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    95
    A font change doesn't work. That would be rather silly too, seeing as every keyboard comes with the " character, and I'm not doing some funky chinese typing or some other eastern language.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    177
    did you boot with "knoppix lang=en" ?

    It may be switching to German as default. This happens to me occasionaly with knoppix 3.1 and yes, I AM using the english ISO

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    95
    Well, I booted with lang=uk, because I'm using the UK kayboard layout, not the US layout.

    If that *is* the problem, I'll probably have to reinstall, seeing as I made a hd-install.

Similar Threads

  1. toshiba and F12 keys
    By metavoid in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:22 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 07:47 PM
  3. Lineakd does not recognize some keys
    By debi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 02:56 PM
  4. Laptop keyboard with 88 keys supported?
    By janmartin3 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 05:18 PM
  5. CF Card Reader Problem, 802.11b WEP keys, etc
    By DukeLeto in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16) picture

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)

$64.99



SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2400T (HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH) DDR4 Desktop ram picture

SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2400T (HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH) DDR4 Desktop ram

$25.99



16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS

$65.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture

[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.

$299.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00



CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO-  32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard picture

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard

$370.00



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98