Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: OpenOffice Keys

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    95

    OpenOffice Keys

    I'm using Knoppix 3.2 (2003-03-2, and there seems to be a problem with OpenOffice.

    Whenever I type the " character, it appears on the document as ?. This only happens in OpenOffice and no other program. I'm at a lost as to what I need to change. I have a UK keyboard, and KDE is set up to use the UK keyboard.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1
    hey, change your font. some just don't have this character i s'pose. i had the same problem and i don't remember which one worked.
    i tried out helvetica, times, arial (i guess) and something else with h. and then courier and i think only courier worked. and it looks nice too

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    95
    A font change doesn't work. That would be rather silly too, seeing as every keyboard comes with the " character, and I'm not doing some funky chinese typing or some other eastern language.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    177
    did you boot with "knoppix lang=en" ?

    It may be switching to German as default. This happens to me occasionaly with knoppix 3.1 and yes, I AM using the english ISO

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    95
    Well, I booted with lang=uk, because I'm using the UK kayboard layout, not the US layout.

    If that *is* the problem, I'll probably have to reinstall, seeing as I made a hd-install.

Similar Threads

  1. toshiba and F12 keys
    By metavoid in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:22 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 07:47 PM
  3. Lineakd does not recognize some keys
    By debi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 02:56 PM
  4. Laptop keyboard with 88 keys supported?
    By janmartin3 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 05:18 PM
  5. CF Card Reader Problem, 802.11b WEP keys, etc
    By DukeLeto in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0 picture

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0

$38.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 CPU 2.20GHz 22-Core 55MB 145W LGA2011-3 SR2JV Processor picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 CPU 2.20GHz 22-Core 55MB 145W LGA2011-3 SR2JV Processor

$79.99



Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13  3.0 GHz  Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU

$80.00



Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition picture

Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition

$88.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99