-
Install Knoppix to HD without installing a bootloader
Hi All,
I want to install KNOPPIX 3.6 to my hard drive, but I don't want to install a bootloader with it. I'd rather use an existing one (I have another distro on the PC) and reference it from there. I've looked at the config file you create when doing the installation put it seems that it wants you to install either grub or lilo. I can't see an (obvious) option to not install it at all, in the same way you can choose not to create bootdisk
Any suggestions?
Many thanks
Similar Threads
-
By TankKiller in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-05-2005, 10:30 PM
-
By gizzmobay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 01:03 AM
-
By Capiora in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 02:34 PM
-
By mschievano in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 06:34 PM
-
By The Fader in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98