-
Junior Member
registered user
knoppix won't boot graphically from hard disk
I left knoppix running over night and the screen saver was activated and put the video signal on standby, (my monitor has a little light that says if there is a video signal).
Then I tried to move my mouse and keyboard to deactivate the screen saver, since the screen was completely blank (black). This didn't work, so I had to reboot the machine without shutting down by using the reset switch on the computer.
I then had a message on reboot to use fsck manually. I rebooted the machine with knoppix cd and I entered the follwoing command:
fsck.ext3 /dev/hda4
after about an hour the machine completed this command operation. I then rebooted and everything was back to normal.
I then left the computer for 5 minutes and the screen went blank again with the video signal on standby. I couldn't disable this and return to the display by moving my mouse and keyboard.
I had to reboot again without shutting down by pressing the reset switch, again.
I tried to perform fsck with the knoppix CD again but this time it completed without spending any time in the process.
I then rebooted and to my surprise, I was in console mode. So, now, knoppix no longer boots graphically.
How do I fix both of these problems. First, booting in graphical mode. Second, how do I setup the screen saver so that it doesn't disable the video completely to the point that I can't return to a session?
Similar Threads
-
By bluekylin in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-09-2006, 02:32 PM
-
By vegetto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 12:40 AM
-
By Crenn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 25
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 11:02 PM
-
By fm78 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 03-13-2003, 09:44 AM
-
By bret in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-03-2003, 07:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor
$55.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00