Hi All,
I am trying to burn an image of a M$ Windoze XP Home partition onto a DVD and having had a look through the forums decided to use Part Image.
First problem: To free the DVD drive I tried "knoppix26 tohd=/mnt/sda3", after I created a fresh vfat partition as an sda3, but it failed to mount it by saying that it could not mount the sda3 partition (read only?). Not knowing how to overcome this problem I opted for the copy-to-ram method. So, I booted "Knoppix26 toram", removed the CD from the drive, inserted a new DVD and launched partimage from a root terminal.
To fit the 11GB partition of which only 5+GB is occuppied by the XP fs, I decided to use bz2. I thought that if Part Image only copies data not blank space and furthermore bzips it, it should fit within the 4.7GB of the DVD.
Second problem: Having tried the /mnt/auto/cdrom I could not mount the DVD. OK, so I created a new /mnt/dvdrw for /dev/scd0 (this how the DVDROM is recognised by knoppix) - but it would not mount that either.I changed the permissions to /dev/scd0 to allow execute rights to user and group but no luck. OK, no big shakes, I thought then that I could first save the .bz2 image onto a new partition on the hard drive and then burn it on the DVD.
Third problem: After I created the new partition as a vfat and then finished going through all the partimage menus, it won't run but it returns this error:Could you please correct my mistakes in the above, or suggest another way I could get partimage working?Code:Cannot create temp file [/mnt/dev/pi05030f67.tmp]. Please, check there is space enough and you have access rights.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$75.99