-
fscked permissions?
I have a laptop which I formally had knoppix installed on, after I got a stable server up and running on a main box i found how useless it was to have knoppix on that laptop.. I went to delete it and for some stupid reason used partitiion magic to just delete the nix partition.. which I believe is where I made the mistake. When i rebooted it still boots to lilo but won't let me boot into linux obviously. I've tried resizing and redistributing the newly avaiable hard drive space with partition magic again, and when I try it gives me this error
-------------------------------------
Error 501 while executing Batch.
Error 501: Cross-linked files were found
Will now reboot
Press Any Key to COntinue.
---------------------------------------
I've considered reinstalling and doing a clean uninstall of nix, but its cd-rom is also physically dead in the water. I do how ever have a floppy drive, but not quite sure what to do, I'm sure there will be a few flames saying bla bla boot disk fix lilo.conf but I'm a bit in the dark as of the exact operation of that. Half my life working on computers, and all I got was this stupid error =\. I don't think I've left any information out, but I could be wrong.. multitasking is fun.. How ever I will be greatly appriciate of any help or advise any one has to offer, and of course my sincerest gratiitude to all who even wasted their time reading =)
Similar Threads
-
By jacksonon in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-05-2007, 01:47 AM
-
By OpinionatedDrone in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-08-2006, 09:25 AM
-
By w5uc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-01-2005, 08:18 PM
-
By newiaqua in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 07:49 PM
-
By tilleyrw in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95