Hmm I use mode number six and it seems to work fine.
At boot the screen tells me it has an undefined video mode hit<SPACE> to continue or <RETURN> to see list of video modes. What would be the correct mode?
Hmm I use mode number six and it seems to work fine.
I get the same thing I think. If we are talking about the same thing, then all it is asking is the video mode for the textual part of the boot process. So AFAIK it almost doesn't matter. I picked 0 and it worked.
Check the bootlader's config file. It probably has a 'vga=NNN' added at the end of the 'kernel' file. If so, you can edit the value directly (i. e. 791 for a 1024x768 res.)
Yeah, vga=791 works for me. It can be entered as a "cheatcode" at boot time - then if it works, add it to your bootloader.
-- Ed

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
Atari SX212 Modem for IBM Systems w/ Box, Owner's Manual & Power Adapter NOS
$125.00
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00