-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks metavoid!
I managed to save an image onto the hard drive and then I used Windoze to burn it to a DVD.
Thinking back I believe that the first problem was caused by me not specifying a device i.e. /dev/sda3, but a filesystem /mnt/sda3 - which of course was not yet mounted.
The second problem is still there - don't know how to overcome it.
The third problem did not recur. I assume that the first time I tried it I might have not had mounted the partition I wanted to save the image to, or perhaps not set it to be writeable.
Thanks for your advice.
Similar Threads
-
By fanbanlo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-19-2005, 04:10 AM
-
By jjbergdolt in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-05-2005, 07:57 AM
-
By alastair lewis in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-08-2005, 06:16 PM
-
By deejay in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 11:22 AM
-
By Simba in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VINTAGE UNISYS Computer CWD4002-ZE RARE 486 DBA/2 Retro PC Intel Pentium USA 95
$95.00

Vintage AppleDesign Keyboard M2980 & Mouse II M2706 ADB Cable Bundle Mac
$69.99

Vintage IMSAI S-100 Computer CRT System w/ Boards Nonworking Parts/Repair
$2699.00

Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial
$109.99

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard
$80.00

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00

Tektronix Vintage Full-Size QWERTY Keyboard with Numeric Keypad 119-1989-001
$79.99

VINTAGE UNISYS Computer RARE 486 DBA Desktop Retro PC Intel Pentium 1995 USA
$95.00

Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse
$159.95

Toshiba Satellite Pro 400CDT Vintage Laptop Computer Retro Windows PC Parts Only
$125.00