-
USB Optical Mouse not detected/working
Hey. I finally got fed up with my crappy PS/2 optical mouse i've been using here, so I went out and bought the cheapest piece of crap USB mouse i could find (I'm funny like that)
Unfortunately, I can't get it to work on my hdd install of knoppix (Don't know if it works on LiveCD. Didn't feel like rebooting and killing my 4 weeks of uptime to find out)
I've restarted X, I've run mouseconfig, selected USB, (Now, I'm not sure if it's actually being detected. On the next screen I see 'Microsoft optical mouse', which is what I have, but it looks alltogether too vague to be sure.) Select microsoft USB mouse, hit Ok. Nothing. done this several times, tried several different approaches. If I use my USB->PS/2 adapter it works fine (But my laptop doesn't like me using a mouse in PS/2....It conflicts with other hardware so I usually have to wait a few seconds before the mouse will even move)
Is there some trick to getting it working?
Similar Threads
-
By keokeo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-19-2004, 12:15 AM
-
By kim in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 01:12 PM
-
By sagipolley in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:40 PM
-
By dsatkhan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 03:36 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-15-2003, 06:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Firewalla Gold SE Firewall VPN Network Security Appliance Black/Yellow
$350.00

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$640.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$248.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00