-
USB Optical Mouse not detected/working
Hey. I finally got fed up with my crappy PS/2 optical mouse i've been using here, so I went out and bought the cheapest piece of crap USB mouse i could find (I'm funny like that)
Unfortunately, I can't get it to work on my hdd install of knoppix (Don't know if it works on LiveCD. Didn't feel like rebooting and killing my 4 weeks of uptime to find out)
I've restarted X, I've run mouseconfig, selected USB, (Now, I'm not sure if it's actually being detected. On the next screen I see 'Microsoft optical mouse', which is what I have, but it looks alltogether too vague to be sure.) Select microsoft USB mouse, hit Ok. Nothing. done this several times, tried several different approaches. If I use my USB->PS/2 adapter it works fine (But my laptop doesn't like me using a mouse in PS/2....It conflicts with other hardware so I usually have to wait a few seconds before the mouse will even move)
Is there some trick to getting it working?
Similar Threads
-
By keokeo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-19-2004, 12:15 AM
-
By kim in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 01:12 PM
-
By sagipolley in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:40 PM
-
By dsatkhan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 03:36 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-15-2003, 06:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67