Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How do I make a skript?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3

    How do I make a skript?

    After booting I have to type in several commands to be executed as root. I'd like to make this a bit easier via script, but I don't know how

    By the way, what means shell, bash etc?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    bash is a shell.
    and a shell (there are several zsh, ch, csh, ash to name a few) is what interprets your typed comands and pass them down to the next level of operation.
    by the way, what comands are they, this might make helping you easyer.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3
    The comands are like
    wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq...
    ifconfig wlan0 ...
    route gw...

    etc.

    I put the lines in a file, name the ending .sh and mark it executable. When I try to run the script nothing happens. I have to copy the lines and paste them into the console, after switching to root.

    By the way... How can I access another resource over the network?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3
    The comands are like
    wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq...
    ifconfig wlan0 ...
    route gw...

    etc.

    I put the lines in a file, name the ending .sh and marked it executable. When I try to run the script nothing happens. I have to copy the lines and paste them into the console, after switching to root.

    By the way... How can I access another resource over the network?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    This was the best, and lightest tutorial I could find ( I even bookmarked for myself )

    http://supportweb.cs.bham.ac.uk/docu...scripting.html

    The 3rd paragraph under the topic "Shell Scripting" may have the answer you're looking for.
    You need to specify the shell (interpreter) in the 1st line of the script.

Similar Threads

  1. I really want to make sure before I being...
    By kranberry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 08:11 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 11:42 AM
  3. make menuconfig / make dep
    By Lord1981 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 10:19 PM
  4. Should I make a 3.3 CD?
    By Kethinov in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 08:42 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2003, 09:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD picture

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD

$149.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$71.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB Wifi 8th/9th Geb 1151 Motherboard picture

Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB Wifi 8th/9th Geb 1151 Motherboard

$84.99



ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX picture

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX

$59.99