I have a acer travelmate 4502 wlmi and I use noagp and x is starting. The only problem i have is to configure the wlan. Maybe someone can help?
cheers
Peter
ati-radeon9700
widescreen-display
acer travelmate 4501wlmi
I cant get any proper X on this machine. To boot I need to use the nolapic-option or the kernel26 hangs. Then booting goes on fine until it says "starting the X11"
and there it stops. Just no X appears, but the system stays in textmode. I tried all other consoles (ALT-F1 to ALT-F12) but no X anywhere.
When I press enter on the boot-console the X-terminates and I find myself in a root-bash.
I tried all imagainable boot-options from screen=1024x768 screen=1280x800 the same with fb and both together and vga=normal and failsafe and xmodule=ati.
The last lines on the screen are:
That video is detected as ATI RADEON MOBILTY 9600 M10 using XFree86(radeon) Server. Monitor is QDS0014, and H:28-96k and V:50-70
I dont even know where to start debug. I consider myself als linux-expert, but traditionally I'm completely lost when it comes to graphics or sound. When I simpy start X with the X or Xfree86 -command, then I get a X on console 5, but no winmanager in it. Dont know which resolution it has.
How could I try to restart the "real" X, or KDE or whatever is needed from command-prompt. I tried to view the usual logs, but didnt find and.
When I issue #X first and then #startkde kde complains that it cannot connect to the X-server.
I feel lost ... thnx for any advice ... thnx,
peter
ps:
I put two entries for this laptop in my KB already:
http://www2.goldfisch.at/knowledge/307 (disable framebuffer to see the first lines after booting)
http://www2.goldfisch.at/knowledge/308 (the need of disabling local apic)
I have a acer travelmate 4502 wlmi and I use noagp and x is starting. The only problem i have is to configure the wlan. Maybe someone can help?
cheers
Peter
I don't know if that can help you:
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.sta...installer.html
regards
jul

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00
Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99
Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00
Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99