I have a laptop which cannot boot from its CD drive (the connector is phhysically damaged; it will read CDs but can't boot). It used to run Knoppix (3.3EN) beautifully.
I would like to use my desktop machine to install Knoppix onto a fresh laptop hard drive (I have the connectors), and then plug the drive into the laptop. But of course the configurator won't have the correct configuration for the laptop -- it will configure all the setup files for the desktop machine instead.
Is there a way to re-run the configurator, after I've moved the drive to the laptop, so that it will reconfigure the setup files for the laptop?
If not, what are the main things that I will have to do to manually change the configuration for the laptop?
Many thanks!

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor
$55.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99