-
Junior Member
registered user
Moving "HOME" and "VAR" -- AND-- GUI i
Good morning to all!!!
I have an Athalon 2200+ with a 160G drive. I would like to have root on hda1, swap on hda2, HOME on hda3, and VAR on hda4. I may move others later.... I CANNOT get it to go. I've played with the persistant home some. I would like to change the fstab and what ever else needed to make this happpen so I don't have to do a home=scan.
I want some of the directories on different drive because later I would like to mess with Kanotix and Gentoo. Figured if I had HOME on it's own drive, I could get all of these distros using the same drive for home (one at a time).
Now, the GUI issue.... Boot up Knoppix. Wait til your desktop is showing and have a power failure (pull the plug). Next boot up will be a TEXT login. The GUI does not even start. Anyone know how I can get this back?
TIA for the help!!!
Radnor
Similar Threads
-
By Pokec in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 07:39 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By neitzel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 06:44 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell R740 Server Diskless Config 2x Silver 4110 &1100W AC P/S 3 Riser No RAM/HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99