-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: CD-RW benefits over CD-R?
--Please note, I have been keeping (loose) track - and only get 8-10 rewrites from name-brand CDRW's before they go bad (read errors.) This is Memorex 12x, mind you - and I take care to keep my media clean and in cases. CDR's seem to last longer in terms of being *usable*.
--I use cdrecord's blank=all mode when rewriting, as well. Could be that the rw's are more sensitive because Knoppix is compressed, but that's just a guess.

Originally Posted by
kcbnac
i was reading through the FAQ, and it says to use CD-RWs instead of CD-Rs. I understand the difference, but my questions are, why, and if I use an -RW, I suppose I shouldn't finish the session, and can I make changes to the OS without having a writeable HD?
Thanks!
Trying to figure it out before I dl it. Looks great!
Similar Threads
-
By DiabloGN in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 06:22 AM
-
By user unknown in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By jreiser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 09:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99