-
Documentation on different distros of Linux
Hi all;
I am new to linux and after looking for a suitable distribution to start learning, I have decided to use knoppix installed in my HD.
Looking at different distributions, I know that the linux kernel is common to everyone, but depending of the distro, I think there are certain
konsole commands that are particular to each version, for example "apt-get" for Debian, "emerge" for Gentoo and so on.
I have a book on Linux and Unix, but is there anywhere specific information about Knoppix (Debian) thant explains well the particularities of these distros???
Thanks all in advance
PD: by the way is it possible when I knew more, to recompile the kernel and programs of knoppix to convert it to my 64 bit (AMD64) platform? (Doesn work well the one in the net)
Best Regards
Similar Threads
-
By yozef in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 20
Last Post: 12-30-2006, 04:27 AM
-
By pap2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 06:05 PM
-
By dewd in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By estranged in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 08:40 PM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-13-2003, 01:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set
$20.00