-
NX server in Knoppix 3.7 - Help Required
1. I want to connect to a Linux server from a windows PC and run a Java based SAP GUI on the Linux server.
2. I have tried plain X , VNC , etc. However, I find them to be too heavy on my network which is TDMA VSAT based (very very low bandwidth with high latency).
3. I have installed Knoppix 3.7 on Hard Disk and also NX Server. I am able to connect to NX server from a Windows PC using NX Client. I am yet to measure the bandwidth required. I feel it would be much lower than plain X or VNC.
My question is as follows :
1. Is it possible for an administrator to capture the screen of another user and "guide" him - similar to remote control programmes? (Mouse movement should be visible to both). How to do it ? (DISPLAY= ? or some other method?).
2. How can we do that under the described environment of NX server / client?
Thank you in advance
-
You can share your desktop using VNC. To do this, select:
k -> system -> desktop sharing
You generate an invitation to use the same desktop you see in local (x:0 server).
I dont' know if you acn do it with nx but, I don't think so because when you connect with nx you are starting a new session in the remote machine.
Similar Threads
-
By rash in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-10-2006, 11:58 AM
-
By askme in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2005, 12:47 PM
-
By balakrishnan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 10:48 AM
-
By your_breakfast in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 10:03 AM
-
By evorob in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

HP ProLiant 460 Series G7 Blade 2x Xeon E5649 2.53Ghz w/ 16Gb DR3, No HD, QTY
$74.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60