That Synaptic starts from the command line shows that Synaptic is fine and the K Menu is at fault!
Use the menu editor:
K > Settings > Menu Editor
to fix it: it's way too difficult to explain what to do, but should be pretty obvious once you start.
Hi:
If I use Synaptic from the Menu, the Hour-Glass appears and vanishes after a while without opening Synaptic. However, from console it opens. How can I fix the Menu open, also what do I do if Windows freezes, how to re-install a corrupted app like this Synaptic in future.
Thanks,
alan
That Synaptic starts from the command line shows that Synaptic is fine and the K Menu is at fault!
Use the menu editor:
K > Settings > Menu Editor
to fix it: it's way too difficult to explain what to do, but should be pretty obvious once you start.
Thanks:
What did was use different user as root which was not present. but the commandline was
gksu root /usr/sbin/synaptic
Earlier it would ask for Root passwd from a GNOME form, now it is the KDE form, I guess GNOME form got corrupted. Say I remove Synaptic using KPackage, Do i have to download all over again for it be installed or will it be cached? What do I do if Windows Freezes, Ctrl-Alt-Delete will exit the X-Server right? is there a way of killing the app, I guess kill -pid app.?
Thanks,
AJ
Cntrl+Alt+Backspace to kill the X server. To find out the pid use top, then it's kill pid.What do I do if Windows Freezes, Ctrl-Alt-Delete will exit the X-Server right? is there a way of killing the app, I guess kill -pid app.?

Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller
$950.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00