-
Unable to boot 3.8.1
Hi I'm a newbie to linux and knoppix.
I downloaded knoppix 3.8.1 and burned it to a cd. However when I try booting it, it freezes.
When I start up computer (bios is set to boot from cd) the Knoppix 3.8.1 screen appears.
I press [Enter] next to the word 'Boot:'
it goes:
Loading linux24...
Loading minirt24.gz...
Loading...
Then the pc will hang and I have to press the reboot button.
Anyone have any idea what the problem is? or what i should do?
PC Stats:
Pentium IV Northwood 2.66
256MB RAM
Video Memory 128MB Ge-Force FX 5200
Mobo Asrock P4AL-8X
Hardrive no1: 80GB
Hardrive no2: 120GB
DVDWriter Lite-On SOHW-1653S
any help much appreciated
Similar Threads
-
By asachdeva in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-23-2009, 04:51 PM
-
By natestovall in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-30-2006, 09:51 PM
-
By easyheyder in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-22-2006, 06:14 PM
-
By sys104 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By godsdog in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-28-2003, 09:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00