-
ethernet problem
I've been running Knoppix 3.7 from CDROM on my
PC for about 2 months. Things were running fine until
last week when the power when out. When I rebooted the
PC, there was no connectivity to the network. When
I ran ping, I got the error message: "Network cannot be reached".
My configuration on the my network looks something like this:
phone line --> DSL modem
--> ethernet --> router
--> ethernet --> PC
I've been assuming that the problem is with the ethernet
hardware interface, because when the PC boots up, the
ethernet looks like it starts ok as the log messages scroll by.
When I called the manufacturer, the tech support guy said
I need to check that the driver is installed ok. My understanding
is that Knoppix detects the ethernet interface at boot time and
automatically loads the driver. And if the driver was ok
on prior boots, it should be ok now.
Am I correct? Is there anything else I can do to isolate this
to hardware, or to software?
Jim Anderson
Similar Threads
-
By rolfhub in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-05-2005, 10:46 AM
-
By vip in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 05:33 AM
-
By Tharkun in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 12:05 AM
-
By kubikanber in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 08:22 PM
-
By Kriil in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(32GB x10) 320 GB Kingston PC4-2933Y DDR4 ECC Registered (Server)
$1600.00

Lot of 10 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 160GB
$1319.99

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung M393A2G40DB0-CPB
$475.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM
$74.50