Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: VMWare: VMWare Tools can not be installed

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49

    VMWare: VMWare Tools can not be installed

    Hi all

    I'm using Knoppi 3.7 via VMWare on my normal Windows XP Prof. In the left under edge VMWare tells me that I should install VMWare Tools for better performance, but when I click on it nothing happens. I tried it via the menu and after clicking it the entry turned to "Cancel installation..." or something like that, but nothing really happens and when I restart the machine much later then the VMWare tools still are not installed.

    What can I do? I remember when installing I had to specify which Linux I would use; but because Knoppix could not be found in the menu I chose "Other Linux Kernel 2.6". Might this be wrong? What should I have chosen better?

    Thank you very much for information.
    Josh

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9
    AFAIK the supplementary tools of VMWARE are essential graphic accelators for winows os's and those are not available for linux os.
    So just ignore

    Rony

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14
    no, the VMware tools have a linux portion. To answer the OP's question, when you tell VMware to install what it does is mounts the VMware install files to the CDrom. so go there and read how to install (they assume autorun is enabled but if it isn't then nothing seems to happen)

    I have not installed the tools in Knoppix or Debian. In Redhat I got them half-working. They worked for the ethernet BUt whenever I booted it warned me that the tools were not configured correctly and that the object file was "tainted"

    good luck.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix VMWare-tools Installation Problem..
    By khandu in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 05:40 PM
  2. VMWare VMPlayer and Tools with Knoppix V4.02
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 10:15 PM
  3. 3.7 and vmware installation
    By mmascolo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 06:06 PM
  4. vmware
    By pc3 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 07:30 PM
  5. About VMware Tools,Thanks!!!
    By NicoS in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 03:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$34.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520 picture

Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520

$29.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU

$50.00



M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health picture

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health

$35.99



2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5

2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5" 240GB Solid State Drive

$29.50



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00