Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: My Knoppix Desktop is missing that key icon

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3

    My Knoppix Desktop is missing that key icon

    Recently my external hard drive crashed, and it was recommended that I use Knoppix to transfer the files from the bad drive to a new drive.

    I have WinXP, so I got Knoppix and booted it off a hard disk. That's all well and good, and I can even open individual files from the "bad" drive in various players (movies, pictures, etc), but I can't open any kind of file manager to move the files over! When I click on the icon for the drive, a "Please choose application to use" thing pops up and none of the applications are the ones I want to use.

    I looked in Control Center, and it immediately said I should be using a little blue gear/blue K icon for just about everything. The problem is, I don't see this icon anywhere on my screen. There is a gear with a K icon, but the gear is white and the K is yellow, and it just brings up a ton of menus that don't contain any sort of file manager or Konqueror.

    Can someone help me? My version is Games-Knoppix v. 3.7-0.2

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3
    I fixed my own problem by downloading an earlier version (3.6) and running it instead.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    london town
    Posts
    220
    yeah games knoppix doesnt have konq in it sadly i dont know why they left it out most probley due to lack of room.

Similar Threads

  1. Missing Mouse Icon
    By The Jman in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 02:34 AM
  2. how to create an icon on desktop
    By ashmita in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 07:34 AM
  3. Internal HD Not Visible as Icon on Knoppix Desktop
    By KnoppyKate in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 05:56 AM
  4. kopete away icon missing
    By jm080 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 06:49 PM
  5. Desktop Icon LinuxTag
    By rabinhood in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 05:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105 picture

TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105

$19.95