Hello.
I want to make a machine boot from a hard disk that already has a linux install on it. I basically need to reinstall lilo to the mbr, using the files from /mnt/hda1/boot (chain.b, boot.0300 & boot.b) and /mnt/hda2/etc/lilo.conf.
I am using the knoppix live CD, and if anyone can tell me how, please do so asap!!! I would be very grateful.
Here is my lilo.conf:
delay=40
append="panic=20"
boot=/dev/hda1
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
#prompt
#timeout=50
message=/boot/message
linear
default=linux
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16-22smp
label=linux-mp
read-only
root=/dev/hda4
append="hdc=ide-scsi"
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16-22
label=linux
read-only
root=/dev/hda4
append="hdc=ide-scsi"
I copied 2 partitions off the drive as I through that the machine would no longer be needed as a RH7 server, and put FC2 on it.
I now find out that the machine is needed in bootable state (quickly!). I have copied the two images of the partition back on to the drive - hda1 which I have as /boot/ and hda2 which I have the rest of the old system on.
If someone can help me with this I would most grateful!
Thanks,
Tom Jermy

DEC Vintage Module/Board Collectable Vintage chip - 1 BROKEN LEG (BO)
$200.00
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$299.99
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$74.99
6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$145.00
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC (Digital Equipment Corp) TK-50 Tape Drive
$80.00
DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
$100.00