Need some help,
I have purchased a 3Com 11g Wireless card to upgrade my Medion MD 9783 Laptop, bought in 2002, which runs on a WXP home fully updated (SP2 and everything). All systems look functional on the Device Manager Menu.
The card works properly on a HP laptop provided by a friend of mine.
When I plug the card in for the first time, windows starts up the installation menu, but it is unable to find the driver automatically. With the Cd rom provided with the card and the latest drivers downloaded from the internet in the HD, I have tried to install the driver;
searching in the CD-Rom
selecting the file from the downloaded driver
selecting the network adapter from a list
connected to the internet and disconnected
with the antivirus on and off
Stopping Wireless ZeroConfig and with the ZConfig on.........
I do not know what else to do. No matter what I try, I only get an Unknown "Network CONTROLER (but not Adapter) in the Device Menu, and the message "this destination does not contain any information about your hardware"
Windows is unable to recognize this card on my laptop, or detect the diver, or both things at the same time.
Any Idea about what can I do?
Someone has told me something about a Bios upgrade, does it exists.
Thanks a million
Jose L.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99
Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$693.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99