-
Errors accessing a flash module (emulates an IDE hard drive)
I have a bootable Knoppix CD-ROM and I am able to boot from it.
My system has a "PQI IDE Secured DiskOnModule" installed in the primary IDE slot (hda).
This device is a flash module that emulates a 256Mb IDE hard drive.
The module contains turn-key NAS software.
When I boot Knoppix, I see many errors when trying to access the module:
hda: read_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: read_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
hda: read_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: read_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
hda: read_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: read_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
[...]
ide0: reset: success
When I try and mount the filesystem, I get more errors:
% mount -t ext3 -r /dev/hda3 /mnt
hda: read_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: read_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
hda: read_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: read_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:03 (hda), sector 2
EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock
I know for sure the module has 3 ext3 filesystems on it: hda1, hda2, hda3. I *am* able to mount hda1 and hda2. Any advice as to how to resolve the problems with hda3 would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Nico
Similar Threads
-
By tecnoL in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-10-2007, 11:56 AM
-
By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
-
By Irongeek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 07:56 AM
-
By matthew629 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 04:50 AM
-
By daryl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$59.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00