Hi!
I use Knoppix 3.7 (HD installation) and have serious problems with my network. After a while the networkrefuses to work. "/etc/init.d/networking restart" doesn't work here. I have to reboot my computer to make it work again. It seems that this happens esp. when I cause heavy traffic.
My Ethernet controller:
0000:02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter (rev 13)
What could be the reason for this?
Another small question: I have a static IP-address and I use a gateway, but the gateway is in another subnet (don't ask me why it is like that.. it just is that way). SO i have x.y.z.a as IP address and the router has x.y.v.254 as IP address. How do I have to configure /etc/network/interfaces to add the second route to x.y.v.0 ? ATM I'm doing this by hand every time......
Thanks a lot!

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$199.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 2 15.6" Touchscreen i7-1165G7 16GB 1TB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$299.99
Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$249.99