-
Permission problem on my directory
I am trying to save my files on a Linux file server that died. I've booted into Knoppix and set up my LAN settings. I can see the other servers that I want to copy files to. I can get onto the disk holding the files and can see the directories, but I can't get into them; Permssion Denied".
I have set a root password for Knoppix and for SAMBA and tried to chgrp and chown the directory, but it won't allow me to do it.
Any advice?
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By satimis in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-06-2006, 08:26 PM
-
By palmerac in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-01-2005, 09:00 AM
-
By jack-ren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 09:25 PM
-
By Slay3r in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 11:45 PM
-
By ezuk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$154.76

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08