Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: boot iso 3.8 from hdd

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5

    boot iso 3.8 from hdd

    Hello
    How can I boot knoppix 3.8 iso from my hdd (NTFS)? I have not got cdrecorder.
    Drzx

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: boot iso 3.8 from hdd

    Quote Originally Posted by moiz
    Hello
    How can I boot knoppix 3.8 iso from my hdd (NTFS)? I have not got cdrecorder.
    Drzx
    I am working on it, but so far no success... The linuxrc script is significantly different because of the union fs. I will keep my work on it updated here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...1796&start=180
    Cheers, Gilles

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2
    I am working on it, but so far no success... The linuxrc script is significantly different because of the union fs. I will keep my work on it updated here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...1796&start=180
    Cheers, Gilles
    This is really useful info. Good to hear you're are working on it as well. I was just trying to run through the PMI from the wiki with 3.8 and was getting frustrated. I can get it all the way to X (with tons of errors in the boot screen), and "initiating startup sequence," then it fails.

    -rcmiv

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2
    I am working on it, but so far no success... The linuxrc script is significantly different because of the union fs. I will keep my work on it updated here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...1796&start=180
    Cheers, Gilles
    This is really useful info. Good to hear you're are working on it as well. I was just trying to run through the PMI from the wiki with 3.8 and was getting frustrated. I can get it all the way to X (with tons of errors in the boot screen), and "initiating startup sequence," then it fails.

    -rcmiv

  5. #5
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmiv
    I am working on it, but so far no success... The linuxrc script is significantly different because of the union fs. I will keep my work on it updated here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...1796&start=180
    Cheers, Gilles
    This is really useful info. Good to hear you're are working on it as well. I was just trying to run through the PMI from the wiki with 3.8 and was getting frustrated. I can get it all the way to X (with tons of errors in the boot screen), and "initiating startup sequence," then it fails.-rcmiv
    Well, this is what you get by running the 3.8 iso using the 3.7 kernel and initrd files... This is the reason why I am working on a new initrd file using the new version of drivers and kernel out of the 3.8 iso and obviously an updated linuxrc script. But I will work more on it this we... Cheers, Gilles

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3
    Hello


    Is there something new in this case?
    I also try several times to boot the 3.8 ISO from NTFS
    BTW 3.7 is no Problem.
    So far I saw you are working on a new initrd ?

    Bye
    Stefan

  7. #7
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan61
    ...Is there something new in this case? ... So far I saw you are working on a new initrd ? Stefan
    I will work now on 3.8.1 as soon as I get it... Cheers,
    Gilles

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed picture

Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed

$34.99