Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Keyboard won't work after boot...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2

    Keyboard won't work after boot...

    I've finally decided to begin my conversion over to Linux. It was suggested that I begin by using the Knoppix live boot. The main problem I have is after it loads into the OS the keyboard ceases to function. This is what I'm running

    Dell Inspiron 1150
    P4 2.66 GHZ
    256 MB RAM
    Win XP SP 2

    I'm trying to use Knoppix 3.8 downloaded via Bittorrent through slashdot. I tried a couple of the cheatcodes but still no results, probably because I have no idea what they do! I suspect my bios may be part of the problem so I will try and update when I get home. I just wanted to see if anyone else encountered this type of error after the OS loads.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2

    UPDATE

    it works now after using the boot command:

    knoppix i8042.noacpi

    Which finally gives me the ability to play with the linux but I still have no idea whats going on. According to the reply I dug this cheat command from it states "It looks like your box has a badly written DSDT table. Try booting with i8042.noacpi for now or try Bjorn's patch..." Would anyone like to enlighten a linux newb as to what that means???!!!

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    57
    Bjorn has a thread going here:

    http://tigerdyr.wheel.dk/ctwm-archive/0036.html

    Follow the "previous" and "next" links, and you will find his email address (ask him). It looks like he is writing code for BIOSs. (Google: Bjorn's patch)

Similar Threads

  1. Keyboard Logitech,Don't work help
    By SnoopGog in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 03:27 AM
  2. 4.02: standard PS/2 keyboard doesn't work!
    By rduke15 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 10:48 AM
  3. USB Keyboard doesnt work at ONLY the boot screen
    By superlyduper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 09:52 AM
  4. my keyboard doesnt work
    By tezkejbjes in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 10:29 PM
  5. extended Keyboard doesn't work
    By Thomas Bettler in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 09:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE picture

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE

$59.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW) picture

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)

$999.99



Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS picture

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS

$8199.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p

$89.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB picture

Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB

$285.00