-
So Knoppix can't see my third HD.
I had an external Maxtor 200 giger that recently crashed with 130 gigs of used space on it. Someone recommended running Knoppix off a disk and using it to retrieve the files off the Maxtor. Now the problem is while I can get the files off the Maxtor, I can't get them on to the Western Digital 250 giger I just bought because Knoppix doesn't see it. There's no icon for it on the Desktop and no acknowledgement of it in the system, even though it is there and works just fine in Windows.
I need them both up and running at the same time so I can move those 130 gigs off the Maxtor and onto the WD. Or I just need another way to transfer the files using Knoppix. Anyone have a suggestion?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99