Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Shutdown with image file and subsequent mounting fails

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    Shutdown with image file and subsequent mounting fails

    I have Knoppix 3.8 and created a system image (knoppix.img on /dev/hda1).

    And I have apt-getted some software.

    At shutdown, Knoppix says (sorry, but left margin ist cut off -- I've let it this way although I'm quite sure what characters are missing -- but better not invent something, eh?):

    /pts unmounted
    mount(pid262 unmounted
    nm2: Device or resource busy
    d not unmount /KNOPPIX.img - trying /dev/loop0 instead
    nt: /dev/loop0: not mounted
    nt2: Device or resource busy

    and hangs forever.

    I have to push the reset button and on rebooting Knoppix finds the image file and I enter the password.

    /home/knoppix mounted OK from /mnt/hda1/knoppix.img.
    /usr/sbin/knoppix-image: line 193: 2502 Segmentation fault cp -a /etc/mtab /UNIONFS/etc/mtab 2>/dev/null

    Can anyone help me? I'd very much like to use this feature.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1

    It's not just you...

    I'm having exactly the same problems. I'm fairly new to this so can't offer any help other than bumping the post back to the top of the list

    I'm trying it on a USB keychain drive, by the way.

    Robin

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3
    I've tried hard disk, USB stick and external USB disk, to no avail.

    Sometimes it seems to be okay, but I haven't found a pattern when I get these problems and when not.

    I'm quite surprised that almost nobody seems to experience this. Or does noone use persistent home/system?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6

    Work-around...

    I'm not an expert as far as Knoppix/Linux goes, but I've had Knoppix freeze up on me in the past and gotten a similar error when I tried to restart. After searching myself with no luck I went to trial and error, and found that if you boot without your home directory, create a knoppix config file of your "Personal configuration", then restart and specify both your corrupted home file and the config file at the boot prompt, it will 'repair' your home file and start up correctly.

Similar Threads

  1. mounting USB HD-Adapter in KNX 3.9 fails
    By poor_mans_knoppix in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 02:18 PM
  2. Boot floppy fails to find KNOPPIX image on FAT32
    By vitoprimo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
  3. mounting hd and running image from hd
    By Roberts in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 07:09 AM
  4. Problems with mounting an image with cloop 1.02
    By wschalk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 05:31 PM
  5. Mounting a Loopback image
    By mattsbr in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 07:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ... picture

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...

$89.99



Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4 picture

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4

$79.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



Asus ROG Strix B460-H LGA 1200 ATX Intel 10th Gen DDR4 Motherboard picture

Asus ROG Strix B460-H LGA 1200 ATX Intel 10th Gen DDR4 Motherboard

$84.99