-
Problem with permissons (external HD)
Hello,
I have an external Firewire HD and 'm using Knoppix Live. With this boot CD I want to backup some files from a PC, so I want to copy those to the external HD. But when I'm copying a file or when I want to delete or make a new folder; I get the following error (depending on what I do ofcourse)
"Could not delete
file /mnt/sda1/file name"
Next thing I did was checking the permission-settings of this external HD (via properties). I noticed the HD was labeled as 'read only'. I unchecked that. I also set the access permissions of owner, group and others to 'Can read and write'. But still the same problem! I can view files, but I can't remove them or place new files to the HD. Can somebody help me?
Vincent
Similar Threads
-
By Joma in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-21-2007, 03:59 PM
-
By Ralph.Bremer in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-22-2006, 10:07 AM
-
By alex407 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-13-2006, 01:09 PM
-
By ned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 01:23 PM
-
By jch02140 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

UBIQUITI UVP-TOUCH VoIP Desktop Touchscreen Smart Phone
$55.00

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black
$20.00