-
Problem with permissons (external HD)
Hello,
I have an external Firewire HD and 'm using Knoppix Live. With this boot CD I want to backup some files from a PC, so I want to copy those to the external HD. But when I'm copying a file or when I want to delete or make a new folder; I get the following error (depending on what I do ofcourse)
"Could not delete
file /mnt/sda1/file name"
Next thing I did was checking the permission-settings of this external HD (via properties). I noticed the HD was labeled as 'read only'. I unchecked that. I also set the access permissions of owner, group and others to 'Can read and write'. But still the same problem! I can view files, but I can't remove them or place new files to the HD. Can somebody help me?
Vincent
Similar Threads
-
By Joma in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-21-2007, 03:59 PM
-
By Ralph.Bremer in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-22-2006, 10:07 AM
-
By alex407 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-13-2006, 01:09 PM
-
By ned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 01:23 PM
-
By jch02140 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial
$109.99

Vintage IMSAI S-100 Computer CRT System w/ Boards Nonworking Parts/Repair
$2699.00

Toshiba Satellite Pro 400CDT Vintage Laptop Computer Retro Windows PC Parts Only
$125.00

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard
$80.00

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00

Tektronix Vintage Full-Size QWERTY Keyboard with Numeric Keypad 119-1989-001
$79.99

Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 +
$74.95

Vintage HP Compaq nc6400 Laptop – Windows XP Pro – Works – Charger Included
$67.00

Vintage Key Tronic LT DESIGNER Mechanical/Rubber Dome Keyboard DIN-5 AT/XT
$50.00