-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
jackashe
I don't think I can resize it w/o some advanced tools (because linux cannot yet deal with NTFS, right?)
I can't help you with the persistant home because I have never ever done a persistant home. But I can help you with resizing NTFS.
Before you view my post you will need to know two key warnings:
1.) Partitioning & resizing ALWAYS has a risk of losing data regardless of operating system or filesystem.
2.) Always backup ALL important data to separate media (a different HD, CDRs, DVDs, a network share on another PC) before attempting to install an OS or partition a HD.
That said, see my post here http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=72540#72540 where I resize an NTFS Windows XP-SP2 partition with Knoppix using qtparted. I would suggest that you defragment the NTFS C: drive before attempting to resize it.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By cyberoidx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 05:43 PM
-
By tearinghairout in forum The Lounge
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-20-2004, 11:27 AM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 07:40 PM
-
By Jack_ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 08:27 PM
-
By fm78 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

OWC 8TB ThunderBlade Thunderbolt 3 NVMe RAID SSD External 8TB with Travel Case
$2800.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00