-
Junior Member
registered user
thanks for all your help guys!
I just resized my partition and rebooted into windows to make sure it worked. and just as UnderScore said I got the blue screen for CHKDSK and it analyzed everything and rebooted and then windows was ok.
I was only able to resize it a little. I guess windows always puts *some* data near the end of the partition, because I am only using about 3 gigs of the 18 in windows, but qtparted thought that ~17 gigs were used. so I made a 1 gig ext3 and a 300 meg swap. maybe I'll change it to FAT32 now that I read eco2geek's post.
Thanks for the warning about unclean unmount of the persistent home. I can deal with some inode errors and know that it isn't because I did something bad every time.
One funny thing is when I created the ext3 partition, qtparted output to the terminal:
"This ext2 filesystem has a strange layout! I cannot resize it yet."
I guess that is because it was ext3. in any case, I am going to try rebooting now and making a persistent home on the new partition!
In regards to backing up... this is my work PC so I can't really back anything up. if windows had decided it would not boot with the resized partition, I guess I would have tried to undo the resize, and if that failed I'd tell the computer management ppl at work that my PC crashed and they would have redone everything..... so I could try again!! hahahaha. Linux rocks.
Similar Threads
-
By cyberoidx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 05:43 PM
-
By tearinghairout in forum The Lounge
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-20-2004, 11:27 AM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 07:40 PM
-
By Jack_ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 08:27 PM
-
By fm78 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99