Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Uninstalling Java from knoppix

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149

    Uninstalling Java from knoppix

    Hi;

    I was wondering if I could get some help uninstalling Java from knoppix.

    I did a

    dpkg -l | grep java

    on my system and the only packages I found were a "java-common", which I uninstalled, but java is still on my system and working.

    I also searched with dpkg on the strings "jdk", "j2sdk" and "jre".........I got nothing.

    What is the package that hold java called so I can use dpkg to uninstall it?

    Thanks

    Steve

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    68
    cd /usr/bin
    ls -la java*

    You should see the links to java.

    What I do is simply create a link to the JVM which I downloaded from JavaSoft.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 10:45 PM
  2. uninstalling windows xp
    By ANGIE86290 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 09:15 AM
  3. uninstalling knoppix from c: drive with windows
    By fogdog in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2005, 06:33 AM
  4. Uninstalling Knoppix
    By anman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-12-2003, 03:49 AM
  5. uninstalling knoppix
    By bigfootedman in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2003, 06:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit picture

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit

$199.97



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95