Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Laptop touchpad stopped fucntioning

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8

    Laptop touchpad stopped fucntioning

    Well I recently did an apt-get dist-upgrade and the double tap on my laptop touchpad stopped working.
    I have a synaptics (might be spelled synaptix) touchpad, and a dell latitude CSx laptop. I know I have to change something, I just dont exactly know what or how to.

    dell list of system specs - http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...n_ug/specs.htm

    Any replies would be helpful

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4
    I know that when I boot knoppix into kernel 2.6 my touch pad starts malfunctioning. I cant offer any other help im afraid but that may be enough to put you in the right direction.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    17
    I have this exact same problem with my Toshiba Satellite Pro's touchpad when I went from Knoppix 3.7 to 3.8.1. Anyone have a solution?

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51
    I'm not sure if you are having the same problem as me but mine was fixed but
    telling Knoppix it's a mouse instead of a touchpad. I tryied all the touchpad add-ons
    I could find but still couldn't get my scroll to work, so I just gave up and put this in at boot.

    psmouse.proto=imps

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2

    bad 2.6 kernel = touchpad woes: a solution.

    I've been unable to double-click on the touchpad since kernel 2.6 .

    Recently I read on a yahoo group [linux on dell laptops] that passing "psmouse.proto=exps"
    to the kernel fixes it.
    Code:
    psmouse.proto=exps
    I've tried it as a cheat code w/ both knx3.7 and knx3.81.
    It's worked for me on my dell latitude cpi r400gt laptop.

    good luck!

Similar Threads

  1. My mysql just stopped working!
    By morbidpalooza.com in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 09:17 PM
  2. NDISWRAPPER stopped working with 5.01
    By Abraxus in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 09:31 AM
  3. apt has stopped working
    By linuxer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 01:50 PM
  4. Printing stopped working
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2003, 06:59 PM
  5. Internet connection stopped working
    By jimk in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 11:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



Open Box Apple OEM 30W USB-C Power Adapter MW2G3AM/A - A2164 picture

Open Box Apple OEM 30W USB-C Power Adapter MW2G3AM/A - A2164

$15.99



Genuine/OEM Apple Duckhead Two-Prong Plug - MagSafe AC Wall Adapter 45W/60W/85W picture

Genuine/OEM Apple Duckhead Two-Prong Plug - MagSafe AC Wall Adapter 45W/60W/85W

$8.99



Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro picture

Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro

$179.99



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718 picture

Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718

$22.00



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13

NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13" MacBook Pro A1435

$25.95



Genuine/OEM Apple Duckhead Two-Prong Plug - MagSafe AC Wall Adapter - Set of 25 picture

Genuine/OEM Apple Duckhead Two-Prong Plug - MagSafe AC Wall Adapter - Set of 25

$32.29