I had the same issue. Then I used the nodma option and it worked. You may want to give it a try.
boot from the knoppix cd starts ok, I see "welcome to knoppix liveCD", and so forth until it pauses awhile at "looking for linux in /dev/scd0", then it says "can't find knoppix filesystem, sorry" then "dropping you to (very limited) shell"
Now I have seen this error on another computer (that cant boot from CD) when it boots from floppy and can't find the knoppix CD, but in this case, it already started booting from the CD, so why can't it find the filesystem there?
I had the same issue. Then I used the nodma option and it worked. You may want to give it a try.
Yep. nodma should do it.
I just came on looking for this same issue and the nodma thingie worked for me too. Thanx guys!Originally Posted by redss
Hi
How do use the nodma option. press f2 at knoppix menu and then at boot: prompt type nodma. ? if that is it then its not working for me it says some kernal not found.
knoppix nodma at the prompt.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.62