-
Configure Firewire networking with Windows XP
How do I configure Knoppix so that I can connect to a Windows XP host via IP-over-1394? My Firewire card is recognized and a dummy Ethernet interface is listed. However, I can't get the two machines to see each other.
Interestingly enough, when I ping with either machine, both machine sees that packets are moving, but neither would "pick it up."
I recall that eth1394 is incompatible with WinXP, but I also recall that it's been resolved recently. Was I wrong?
Similar Threads
-
By diogenes in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-08-2005, 02:44 AM
-
By Amity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-09-2005, 11:42 AM
-
By Jakykong in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 03:29 AM
-
By button in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-13-2004, 01:52 PM
-
By Peterobe in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 08:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

NETGEAR GS308 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch New - OPEN BOX - not used
$28.99