I found out that I should go to the KNOPPIX->Configure->Configure printers. This seemed to work without any problem.
CUPS starts up correctly.
I have been using knoppix 3.6 for several months now and it has been working well until today. I tried to setup CUPS to work with a HP laserjet 3, but it can't start CUPS. It has always worked from the LiveCD, but this time it won't.
The error message is as follows:
Unable to retrieve the printer list. Error message received from manager:
Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is correctly installed and running. Error: connection refused.
Can somebody help me figure this out
Where does knoppix look for which packages to start on bootup? This would help me look at the start script and see if cups is being started in the boot script. It should be, though, because it worked for 3 months without a hitch (no problem whatsoever).
Note, the new CD I made verified with K3b, so the image of the CD verified with the ISO image, which verified with md5sum. So everything seems to check out and the CD is not corrupt.
I found out that I should go to the KNOPPIX->Configure->Configure printers. This seemed to work without any problem.
CUPS starts up correctly.
Recently I did an apt-get for abiword that uninstalled cups.
I had to apt-get install cupsys to reinstall it.
Perhaps that might work for you.
sakiZ

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00
Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
AMD K6-2 300MHz Vintage CPU/Processor AMD-K6-2/300AFR Universal Compatible
$18.00
Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78
Vintage Tandy WP-2 Portable Word Processor BROKEN PARTS AS IS NO POWER
$34.95
Vintage Suncom Computer Monitor Station Stand Rare, GOOD SHAPE
$99.99
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99