After altering the config file, try:
/etc/init.d/hostname.sh
I tried to change the hostname in /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts but after saving the configuration, and re-booting with floppyconfig the hostname still came up Knoppix. I even ran the hostname command, to no avail.
How do I change the hostname in Knoppix 3.2?
Thanks,
Lars
After altering the config file, try:
/etc/init.d/hostname.sh
There's also a line in the script /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig you can change that will probably work. Its about line 1053 or so....

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95
5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia
$15.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet
$239.95
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00