My wireless lan card Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 3B is working perfectly with the ipw2100 driver which comes with knoppix 3.7. I successfully set the driver to monitor mode. Although the Kismet release installed on knoppix 3.7 is not the latest, it should support my card. That's what the README says.
To be able to change the kismet config, I copied the conf-files to my persistant home directory and changed whatever was needed. There is one thing which I couldn't figure out in kismet.conf:
I have to tell the server the source, where to get the packages.
example: source=cardtype,interface,name[,initialchannel]
when setting it to: source=ipw2100,eth0,somename,somechannel
it says: Unknown capture source type 'ipw2100' in source 'ipw2100,eth0,somename,somechannel'
Seems I am to stupid to understand the comments in the file. If you wanna take a look at it: /etc/kismet/kismet.conf.
Can anybody help me out?
================================================== ==========
Did find out what the problem is:
The version of Kismet included with Knoppix 3.7 does not support my card-driver. It is too old.
Am I right, that the installation of a newer version of Kismet would require remastering the Knoppix-CD?

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99