-
Network/FAT Questions
I know very little about Linux, but I do know that it is usually more stable than Windows, which I know a lot about. What I want to do is put Linux on my desktop computer, and have all the harddrives be shared so I can access them through the network by computers that are running Windows.
I installed Kanotix (at least, I'm running it off of the CD) on my desktop computer, but it won't let me copy any files back and forth on the harddrives. It said something that it can't do access the harddrives (but it does let me see what's on them) as long as the harddrives are NTFS, and I know that I cannot change it back to FAT and keep all my data. Is there any way to fix this?
Also, I have managed to access other computers on the network through "smb://", but I have no idea how to access the Kanotix computer through the network on the Windows computers; ie, it is not showing up in Network Neighborhood.
Finally, if it is possible to access the harddrives with Kanotix, how can I permanantly install Kanotix so I do not have to keep using the CD?
Thanks in advance!
Similar Threads
-
By Klato in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 06:05 AM
-
By Nextus in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
-
By gill1109 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
-
By david in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

LOT OF 2 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-EE1-11 P/N: MTA18ASF2G72AZ-2G6D1ZG
$199.95

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

LOT OF 27-Mixed Lot of 8GB (27x8GB=216GB TOTAL) PC3L-12800R ECC REG Server RAM
$99.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

SK hynix 576GB DDR4-2933 ECC RDIMM Server RAM 24x DIMMs 12x32GB + 12x16GB
$3000.00

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM
$74.50

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98