Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix does not start

  1. #1

    Knoppix does not start

    I've got a Knoppix CD. version I think is 3.1.

    The computer boots from the CD. The hardware is detected correctly step by step in colourful lines. But, later a line:
    "After this session terminates, the system will be automatically shutdown."
    appears for a fraction of a second. Then, the screen goes blank. THe CPU keeps reading for 10 seconds or so and then it also stops. Ultimately, I have to push the power button to switch off the computer.

    Why is this happening? I have a Pentium 4 machine, with 40 GB HDD, 128 MB RAM, NVIDIA TNT2 video card, LG monitor 44i studioworks which works very nicely.

    Pl. help.

    Awaiting your reply.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    95
    Its probably a problem with the video drivers.

    At the bootprompt type

    Code:
    knoppix xmodule=nv
    OR

    Code:
    knoppix xmodule=vesa
    That should solve the

  3. #3

    Thanx

    Thanx a ton for the reply. I tried setting the xmodule = nv / vesa. But none worked. But, then I tried :
    knoppix xserver=XFree86 xmodule=nv screen = 800x600
    and it worked... I am so glad...
    Nevertheless, I am very grateful to you for replying.
    Bye

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298

    Re: Thanx

    Quote Originally Posted by mundhra_ritesh
    Thanx a ton for the reply. I tried setting the xmodule = nv / vesa. But none worked. But, then I tried :
    knoppix xserver=XFree86 xmodule=nv screen = 800x600
    and it worked... I am so glad...
    Nice to hear

    btw, "xserver=XFree86" is the standard setting, AFAIK, so you should be able to boot with out that.

Similar Threads

  1. How to start HD knoppix with just CD?
    By lynnwgnr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 07:02 PM
  2. Before I Start Knoppix
    By Barton71 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 06:03 PM
  3. Knoppix won't start
    By ahnaqsh in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 05:32 AM
  4. Hoe to start Knoppix on TV
    By banevere in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 08:31 AM
  5. How do you start knoppix?
    By Login_Here in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 05:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T) picture

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)

$329.98



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC

$52.99



Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer 1080 Monitor 1010 Drive + Manuals + Boxes (nice) picture

Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer 1080 Monitor 1010 Drive + Manuals + Boxes (nice)

$1170.00



External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive picture

External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive

$135.00



ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C picture

ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C

$45.00