-
here...
spottyrover: 1) yes by changing the write permission only your user can write to the file, but be sure to leave it so that everyone can read it.
2) I guess (I didn't write it) you would pass the "nofstab" command at the first boot prompt of knoppix (if you're running from bootable cd) ....if it's on your harddrive go into your /etc/lilo.conf and find the kernel you normally use (either 2.4.27 or 2.6.9 unless you added a new one yourself) and find the line in it's section that starts with "append" and add "nofstab" to it....then you must save the file and run "lilo" at the prompt.
heres a copy of my fstab (just for my extra drive that I want to be mounted):
/dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3 ext3 auto,users,exec 0 0
heres a copy of my /etc/lilo.conf (just the part with the kernel I use - which I added 2.6.10)...I added the "nofstab" just so you can see where it goes.....I do not normally have it and have never tried it....I'd try it with the boot cd to make sure it works first):
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.10-1-686
label="Linux-2.6.10"
initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.6.10-1-686
append="nofstab ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off nomce atapicd alsa splash"
read-only
hope this helps
Cheers
Eugene
Similar Threads
-
By luka in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-23-2008, 03:48 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 02-28-2006, 11:13 PM
-
By mahdi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 07:50 PM
-
By milne in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-14-2003, 01:26 AM
-
By Mycroft1855 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$250.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00