-
Writing 2 windows file systems after booting from Hard disk
Hi there - I'm new to knoppix so apologies for my ignorance.
I don't have Knopix installed on my HD, but boot from the
Knoppix image on a spare internal hard drive ( hdb1 ).
The boot CD is in my CDROM drive at startup and at the boot up prompt
I enter " knoppix fromhd=/dev/hdb1 " to boot from the spare partition.
The system then runs from the Knoppix file on my spare partition and
I can take the CD out and free up my CDROM DRIVE.
The question I want to ask is can I , and if so how, write to my
other ( windows) partition. I want to save files from when I work in
Knoppix onto my hard disk. Obviously it wont' let me save to hdb1
but can I make hda1 writeable. hda1 is readable as I can read all my windows data
from it. How can I make this writeable so I can save my work from Knoppix onto it.
If it is writeable, does it have any detrimental effects on the hard drive in question ?
Use Windows98 SE which is installed on hda1.
Thanks a lot for your help !
Similar Threads
-
By eeoam in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-07-2007, 04:12 PM
-
By saorstat_eireann in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 08:22 AM
-
By francy222 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 06:48 PM
-
By Ionut in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-21-2004, 08:05 PM
-
By conor in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS
$100.00

Vintage Software - Ultimate Flight Pack, Ultima Online, School House Rock Mac PC
$33.00

Apple Extended Keyboard II Vintage Keyboard with Original Box & Cable
$110.00

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare
$199.99

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99