Thanks for the link eco, I had tried out Ubuntu awhile back and one of the turnoffs was Gnome as an only option. Great Distro, if only it deafulted to "vesa" insted of "vis" when booting.
-Jameson
Don't know if this makes a difference, but their live CD used to be based on Morphix. It isn't, any more.
and now GNOPPIX is based on Ubuntu http://www.gnoppix.org/
who knows? I have to say I am still loyal to kanotix from knoppix. Wish Kano would go for more press like, say, Mepis. Because he/it is very good.
I messed with Morphix (gamer) because I dearly wanted to get xmame/xmess running (couldn't - that was drag). I had my roms from my own cassettes and could play them in windows but never did get it going linux.
Anyway, how long before we just call it one great big debian "hug" of linux?
Interesting you should say that; check out this thread on Slashdot, "Is Ubuntu a Compatibility Nightmare for Debian?"Originally Posted by nishtya
(Ubuntu does use its own custom-built pacakages and repositories, and apparently only has a fraction of the packages available for stock Debian, and they only support 3 architectures [x86, x64, and PPC]...so it does seem a bit like a fork.)
I just installed Kubuntu on an old computer. The installation was easy and KDE 3.4 is gorgeous. Even was able to keep my preexisting /home partition (from Knoppix 3.8 ).

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00
Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99